Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Leather Face Man

On my way to visit a fellow Youth Pastor this morning I was red lighted at the corner of 720 and Custer. On my left a young lady in a silver V.W. Cabriosomething was busily putting on her make-up, radio blasting, talking on her cell. On my right an older leather faced man smoking a cigarette in an 1980 something pick 'em up truck. A Philippino sitting in-between. I couldn't help but notice the leather faced man. He had that look of wisdom, peace, solace and life experience written in every crack of his deep tanned face.
I turned back to look at the Volkswagen woman carrying about her many tasks. The journey before her. The thrill of life, the unknown, the excitement at every corner apparent in her soul. Leather faced man's demeanor never changed.
At that moment I realized how God works in various stages of our lives - from cradle to grave. It made me wonder when I pull into an intersection and people stair my direction, what do they see? Anger, peace, frustration, solace or is God apparent? Is my faith obvious? I pulled away from the corner of 720 and Custer aware of God, the thrill of life, the unknown, the excitement at every corner. Yet, I want the wisdom, peace, solace and life experience written on my face. Somewhere between a V.W. Cabriosomething and a pick 'em up truck sat a Philippino wondering what message he will leave on planet earth today. What about you? What message will do you leave?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home