Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here Is Our King

Duffy & Maggie Robbins recently wrote a book on contemplative quiet time based off lectio divinio entitled, "Enjoy The Silence." I have entered into this study and it is playing out well in my soul. I encourage you to enter into the study.

The summer between my Junior and Senior year of college I was invited by an Orthodox Priest - a Professor of mine, to study with him in Greece. What he told me was study turned out to be 2.5 months of living in a monestary. A life chaning event but very difficult for this A.D.D. boy. I learned much about myself, God, human nature, and universal spirituality. Most of all I learned about the power of silence.

God can speak through us, God can speak through others, God can speak in nature, God can speak relationships, God can speak through children, God can speak through the inter-web, God can speak through videos, but in my greatest time of need God always spoke in silence. We all need to join Elijah in the cave of dispaire. I have not been in dispaire in a long time. I thank God for that but there is always a hunger in my heart that longs to dwell with God.

Crowder states it best...
And what was said to the rose to make it unfold
Was said to me, here in my chest
So be quiet now, and rest.




My heart tears up with the understanding of how God echos in my chest! I scream out in thanks! Yet I am reminded "to be quiet, and rest..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home